*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Friday, February 10, 2012

Favorite Things Friday

It has been WAY too long since I've linked up with Rachel for Favorite Things Friday.  Sometimes we get so caught up in the goings on of life that joy needs to be intentional.  I learned that from Rachel and her link-up is a great way for me to stop and purposefully find the little things that bring me happiness each week.  My blessings are many and I need to not only recognize them but be present in them and soak them up.

finding joy

*Me and the boys got our crafty on!
Remember the Valentines decor ideas I got here?  I'm awesome at getting inspired, it's the follow through that I lack a lot of times so I glad me and the boys actually took the time to make some of the decorations I liked. We made paper hearts and hung them from mini clothespins over our sliding door.  L drew the hearts and helped me with the glitter while E added his stellar scribbling skills for some lovely abstract hearts.  I'm usually pretty anal when it comes to art, I like it to be "perfect" and "my way" but I let that go and just enjoyed my boys' hearts.  They're perfectly imperfect and were indeed made with love and that's why I treasure them :)

Theirs
Ours
I also made my own spin on the framed art decor idea.  So simple!  I used some scrapbooking paper fro the background and cut out my letters from watercolor paper I had.  I also used a stamp with the Chinese symbol for LOVE on it.

Theirs
Mine


*Play On!
I do not do this enough and I know my kids need it bad.  We busted out the Handy Manny dominos.  L would much rather make tracks to knock down than actually play the "real" dominos.  Fine by me :)  We had more fun laughing at our inability to get them all lined up before one of us would accidentally knock them down than anything.  To laugh with them, that was definitely a true joy.





*Some sweet sales!
I brought a mini jewelry display into work this week. I'm lucky that they don't mind me bringing it in a few times a year.  Of course I had to take advantage of all the men I work with and Valentine's Day coming up....you have to make it easy for them ya know :)
Some of the girls showed themselves some love, oh yeah,  let's hear it for the independent ladies ;)
I love the interaction of a face-to-face sale.  Seeing people enjoy my creations is simply priceless.
 



*Working up a sweat!
Been making it a priority to get some workouts in every week.  Wish I could do more but a working mother I am and likely to be for a long time so I try not to be too hard on  myself.  I actually really enjoy pushing my body.  I was on the rowing team in highschool and also a competative dancer for 9 years. I like to run, just not in the cold weather. I found a great military circuit training workout online and have done it a few times since.


I use these light weights and a treadmill for the cardio part

20 Minutes Circuit Workout
(*choose light weights for max reps)
1) Bench press* or pushups - max in 1:00 (I do pushups)
2) Squats - max in 1:00
3) Pullups or pulldowns - 1:00
4) Bike or jog - 3:00
5) Military press* - 1:00
6) Lunges - 1:00 each leg
7) Bicep curls - 1:00
8) Bike or jog - 3:00
9) Tricep extensions.- 1:00
10) Leg ext - 1:00 (requires leg machines - or repeat squats with weights) (I repeat forward lunges)
11) Leg curls - 1:00 (requires leg machines - or repeat lunges with weights) (I do backward lunges)
12) Situps - 2:00
13) Crunches - 2:00
14) Stretch

Let me tell ya' it will make you sore.  Feels good though, even if I can't get out of my chair without groaning!  There's a satisfaction to be had in pushing yourself.

What have you enjoyed this week?
.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to see you here! I love your crafts -- I love the blues of your hearts -- super cute. And your framed pic? Perfect.

    You are so super talented. Makes me want to learn to be a bit more crafty.

    And dominoes? Love them. Your pictures capture the fun of dominoes.

    Blessed by you. And lift those weights away!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think your V-day craft looks better than the one that you used for inspiration! I can't wait til my daughter is old enough to do crafts with. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can all of these things be my favorite things? But most especially your crafting? Because I love how your and the boys' turned out. I can't wait to have kids and have them help with fun decorating like this :) I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your workout sounds great! i always have trouble with weights... i never had the motivation to lift them. ha! i just hope somehow that running my tail off will help my biceps. ; ) what cute decor! love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That workout! Do you do that one everyday? It seems easy ..as in not complex. WHich is what I need. One I don't have to think to hard to remember what to do. I KNOW it's a butt kicker workout.
    And I love your crafts!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails