*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Transitions

So my boys are both a year older now.
For some reason this year seems to mark some big transitions for them. 

My youngest son is now two (he'll tell you he's two and a half, cracks me up!).
He can have peanut products now....hooray for PBJ's!  He has transitioned to sleeping in a big boy bed and has successfully given up the pacifier.   He has come a long way in the past few months!
Pretty soon it will be on to potty training....uggh.

My Baby Boy
Has no fear
Watches and learns by leaps and bounds
Has my big brown eyes, puffy eyelids and all 
Loves for me to sing "Love you forever" before bed
Gives smiles easily
Adores his big brother and likes to repeat everything he says
Pretends to have boo boos to get kisses
Loves the baby pillow I made years ago even though it is all lumpy now

My oldest is now five.
He's outgrowing all his clothes.  I'm pulling as much mileage out of the few pairs of pants he has left as possible but he often looks like a flood is a comin'.  He's now dressing and washing himself, putting on his own shoes and coat, and brushing his own teeth (decently now).  Not that these things come with being 5, I know many kids do this much earlier, but now he does it without us having to tell him to do it.

My Big Boy
Tells you he loves you all the time
LOVES his family and is so excited when he gets to see his cousins
Has an adorable dimple in his chin
Prays for people when they're sick
Has his Daddy's eyes
Loves everything outdoors
Likes science and discovering
Wants to marry mommy when he grows up

Two and Five....no longer a baby....no longer a preschooler
Nothing makes me more aware of time passing than seeing the changes in my kids...
but what a joy it is to see them grow and develop!
I can't imagine life without them.  The days of snuggling on the couch in our jammies are so precious to me.  Even though I dread those times coming to an end someday, I will always treasure them and be proud of who my boys are.  They are truly little gifts from God..


5 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this post. Your words about your boys are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice mommy for two pretty darn nice little (growing up) boys! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post too. How do you like the age gap between them? I am terrified of having a 3 year old and a newborn but my friend has that gap and she loves it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear what you're saying.. the time sure does fly by!

    Can't wait to see pics of the party! Did they feel better in time for it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori-I think the age gap works out pretty well. I assume you are expecting? There is 4 years between me and my sister and it was great for us. Three years is good cause the older one is getting old enough to help out with things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails