*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The jury's still out.....

So here's my new hair...hmmm...just not sure.


Haven't decided what I think yet. Those of you that know me know my hair is usually some version of "short" or "even shorter" but now I am trying to grow my hair out long.  Yep, I'm one of those gals that is never completely happy with my hair.  It's just so thin and lifeless.  In a way I am resolved to it I guess.   I usually keep it short to maximize the "lift" but I recently decided to give longer hair a try again.   Knowing that my hair would just hang sadly, I thought a body wave may help give me bit more volume.  Enough to pull off a longer style.  I delayed a haircut for 6 months just to get it this long so I could get the body wave!  It's far from long yet but it really couldn't wait any longer.





These styles are more along the lines of what I'm going for but I'm starting to think the only way to get this kind of hair is to have a personal stylist work some magic while I sit in a elevated chair for hours sipping coffee and reading a magazine like the celebs!

The length will come in due time (if I can be that patient!) but how to get these lovely relaxed waves....hmmm.  Mine are tighter and more frizzy looking.  Through no fault of my stylist however.  I was thankfully forewarned that I would need to go for a tighter curl if I wanted it to last longer than a week.  No way am I going every other week to get this look.  I'd have to get a second job!  What I am loving about it is the ease to style it...just scrunch and go!

 So, any tips out there on how to get less frizzy curls?  Maybe a styling tip or a particular hair product?  

8 comments:

  1. No, absolutely not, straight hair match your face shape better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH i like! Now I don't really have much to compare it with.. but I like it! And sorry.. no tips on less frizz..I suffer from that on a regular basis with natural wavy/frizz hair! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista's Hair always looks good!!! Can't wait to see how long she will let it grow!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Krista! You are beautiful!! I think this style suits you really well....it's nice and fun and relaxed looking :) At least you're adventurous with your hair...I'm so boring with mine....just long and straight most the the time. I don't have the guts to cut it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! And I love the length. I give you a lot of credit for keeping it short (I'm afraid to go short).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the style and the curls! I go back and forth between long and short long and short. Fits my personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the curls! It's nice to have a choice between curly or straight. You look great!

    As far as the hair curling, I'm going to be a huge dork and suggest a video: http://runningonhappiness.blogspot.com/2011/03/hair-curling-tutorial.html. This works better for me if I use my flat iron instead of a curling iron.

    (I tried to comment on this post earlier in the week, and stupid blogger wouldn't let me. Sorry for the delayed comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Ok, now that blogger is allowing me to comment...here goes my comment)

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new hair! I have long hair, and have always wanted my hair to look like those photos. But I couoldn't do it without a professional stylist. But I'm going to check out that video Jessica posted. Maybe it'll help. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails