*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Am I a stable mother?



Man this whole full-time working mom/kid-in-school thing is kicking my butt.  
And I can't quite figure out why.

I even had to buy a planner to keep up with my son's school stuff plus my own responsibilities.  It's not that he has a ton of homework in kindergarten but you add to it that we have to remember a towel every Monday, gym clothes on Monday and Thursday, alphabet book due every Friday, field trip permission slips, fundraisers, and parent projects, you can see how things are a bit busy.  I just can't keep it all straight.

Let's just say I have not been handling all this added stress very gracefully.  When I don't feel pinched for time, I am an attentive and loving mother.  But when I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off (like that visual?) my frazzled nerves tend get the best of me...and everyone else gets the worst.  I don't exactly work well under pressure. 

I want to be a "stable mother". 
I want my kids to be able to come to me with anything and know that I will accept them and love them without flipping out.  Recently L has started to ask me if I'm mad every time he makes a mistake.  That speaks volumes and has got me thinking.  Then I came across this post from Lori at Always Learning and it has helped me immensely. 

It speaks of being a emotionally stable mother which can be hard at times but is extremely important.

The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down
Proverbs 14:1

When we let our own emotions rule, our beloved family can suffer.  That's the last thing we mamas want but it can be all to easy to do.  So take a moment to recognize if you are letting your emotions rule you and make the choice to be joyful everyday.  
You'll see an instant improvement when you do...I know I have.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, just the post I needed to read today. I can only imagine how you feel because even with me staying at home...Kayla being in pre-k this year and everything going on with her I literally have a calender JUST FOR HER.

    I'm going to go read the post you linked because I think I need to read it too.

    I hope things settle down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a full plate!!! i have a hard enough time and i stay home with mine. hang in there. His grace will get you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You express your frustrations so eloquently, Krista, and I'm sure you'll find your balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the excerpt; how true it is!

    I'm completely with you on the frazzledness of it all. When I feel I don't have control over everything (or at least a good handle on it) I get a little nutsy - and then everyone else has to suffer with me.

    It's difficult finding that balance and how to cope with all that life likes to throw at us -- but I'm sure you'll find it! :)

    Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a wonderful mother! I love how much self reflection you do, Krista! I've been doing a lot of self reflection myself lately :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails