*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Friday, August 12, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

finding joy

I did a favorite things friday post a while ago using my senses as a way to find joy.  Well, I decided I would expand on this a bit because I am VERY grateful to be able to experience life in these ways. 

So here's my experiences this week through sound.
 These are all sounds that bring me joy.
Sorry no pics but just close you eyes and use your imagination OK :)



Cicadas in the heat of day

L belting out the words to "Dirt Road Anthem"
(and getting most of them right)

The scree of seagulls

The wind flapping the soft top on the Jeep

Hearing L tell an adult "I don't speak grown up"

Brothers whispering to each other when they are supposed to be asleep

The hum of the ceiling fan

The sound of the waterfall in our back yard

Little boys giggling and splashing in the pool

The American flag flapping in the summer breeze

Peepers just before bed

The ringtone for my hubby on my cell
(You & Me by Dave Matthews)

A quiet house with windows open to hear the rustling of the leaves in the breeze outside

Hope you had some great sounds in your life this week!

4 comments:

  1. YAY for the sound of cicadas! It's actually cool enough today for me to be able to leave my windows open tonight and enjoy the sounds they make. Happy Friday, Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple things you listed here. You certainly know how to enjoy life's simplicities. Its good to write these things down...sometimes it makes you realize things you love! I need to make one!
    :) Have a great weekend!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you just now getting cicadas up there? They've come and gone here. And that waterfall...one of my favorite sounds ever...could only imagine having one in my backyard. Blessings ~ Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sweet. i heard those cicadas today out on my run... there's something so pleasant about them.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails